Thanks for using Griffin MAS. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you use Griffin MAS. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information.
Griffin Customers may electronically submit data or information to the Services for caching and processing purposes (“ Customer Data”). Griffin will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data except as provided in our agreements with our Customers, such as our Terms of Service available at http://docs.griffinmas.com/article/38-terms-of-service (each an “Agreement”), or as may be required by law. In accordance with the Agreement, Griffin may access Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services or preventing or addressing service or technical problems or as may be required by law.
A. INFORMATION RELATED TO DATA COLLECTED THROUGH OUR SERVICES
Our Services collect information under the direction of our Customers. Griffin has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data is processed by the Services.
Our Services collect information for our Customers. If you are a customer of one of our Customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Customers that use our Services, please contact that Customer directly.
C. SERVICE PROVIDER, SUB-PROCESSORS/ONWARD TRANSFER
Griffin may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our Services. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions regarding notice and choice in the Agreements with our Customers.
D. ACCESS TO DATA CONTROLLED BY OUR CUSTOMERS
Griffin has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data the Services process. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query the appropriate Griffin Customer (the data controller). If the Customer requests that Griffin remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
E. DATA RETENTION
Griffin will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as needed to provide services to our Customers. Griffin will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Griffin Customers may electronically submit data or information to the Services for hosting and processing purposes (“ Customer Data”). Griffin will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data except as provided in our subscription agreements with our Customers (“Customer Agreements”), or as may be required by law. In accordance with the Customer Agreement, Griffin may access Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services or preventing or addressing service or technical problems or as may be required by law.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Us.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Offline activities or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites.
- Customer Data cached and processed by our Services according to a Customer Agreement.
A. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or on or through any of their features, register on the Websites, make any purchases through the Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via the Contact Information section below.
B. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Websites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
C. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses, and Twitter handles), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites.
- Your search queries on our Websites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, " posted") on public areas of our Websites, or transmitted to other users of our Websites or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We limit access to certain pages on our Websites and allow you to set certain privacy settings via your account profile; however, be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. To request removal of your personal information, please contact us via the information supplied in the Contact Information section below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
D. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Websites.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your web browsing and/or download experiences.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons, which are also referred to as clear GIFs. Pixel tags and single-pixel gifs that permit Griffin, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity. We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
F. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and your account’s usage, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
G. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Griffin’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Griffin about our Websites users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to them. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, please contact us via the Contact Information section below.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Griffin, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
H. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Mechanisms are in place to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Opt-out Preferences. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
I. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review, delete or change your personal information by logging into the appropriate Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at the address noted in the Contact Information section below to request access to, correction of, or deletion of any personal information that you have provided to us. You may also request closure of your account through the account closing mechanism within your account settings. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
J. BLOG / FORUM
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
K. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
L. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail or write us at our mailing address noted in the Contact Information section below.
M. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any sensitive information will be encrypted using Transport Layer Security (also known as Secure Sockets Layer or “SSL”).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Websites like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Websites.
V. CONTACT INFORMATION